View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 02:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
acdirito

Being in a relationship with an alcholic is like we got stuck on the replay button of a video. Play it again, Sam! We live on a merry-go-round that just doesn't stop. However, we do have the power to get off the merry-go-round or as I have told the alcholic in my life, it's like talking to a door. When we get tired of talking to the door, and not getting any response from it, we always have the option of turning the knob, and walking out the door. Nobody ever promised us a bed of roses. It's not going to be easy! The changes we need to take will take us out of our "comfort zone", and we are just naturally scared of the unknown. As long as you stay in your relationship with your alcholic it will be two steps forward, one step backwards.

I hope you have been using the six months for a recovery program for yourself. "Steps don't fail me now!" I recommend you run as fast as you can away from your alcholic. I recommend you start attending as many Ala-non meetings as possible. Keep reaching out to the friends in SR. Someone here has lived it, learned from it, and survived it!

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson