View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 01:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Snarf
Snarf Snarf

Welcome, and thanks for joining us! I think you'll find that many people here, myself included, are very familiar with what you describe. Being broke, losing jobs, ruining relationships with family and friends, shame, guilt, embarrassment...All par for the course for an alcoholic such as myself, I'm afraid.

But you can put those things in the past. You don't have to suffer through those feelings. You can have a life that makes you feel happy and even blessed. I didn't think that was possible for me 7 months and 1 day ago, but today as I celebrate 7 months without a drink, I'm happy to report that my life is so much better than I thought it could be. And the really awesome part is that it's only getting better, so I know I have so much more to look forward to.

I'm glad you found this site. Please hang around a while. There are lots of really great people here with collective lifetimes worth of experience and support to share with you. All you need to do is be open and receptive; people want to help. Thanks for being here, and I hope you have a great Sunday! The Jets have a bye, so at least they can't lose, right?