Old 10-23-2010, 11:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
meditation

We as a group can't decide if your ex is lying or not and it's not our place to decide if she's trying to avoid AA. You asked if this is common and I say it is fairly run of the mill AA meeting etiquette. People that attend AA meetings aren't all oldtimers that are well, not that all oldtimers are well but the point is that people that go to these meetings are in various stages of sickness. Some don't even know that hitting on people at meetings is a no no. It's all a part of diverting from looking at our own problems. And in small towns that don't have other 12 step programs a person with a sex addiction, drug addiction, gambling addiction is stuck attending an alcoholics 12 step because it's the only one in town. So you don't know who is there or why but but it's all part of the illness/sickness/disease of addiction.
You can't control it, I've been hit on in meetings, and groped and whatnot. I just ignore it, say no walk away and go on about my recovery work.

I did not realize the OP had not come back or the thread had run it's course, oops.

Last edited by meditation; 10-23-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: posting a disclaimer