View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nyjets75

Finally Had Enough

Hi All,

I think I have finally had enough of being sick, scared, embarrassed, and broke all the time. I have been an heavy drinker for over 20 years, and it has only gotten progressively worse, even though I try to persuade myself everything is fine. I am living in a constant state of axiety and embarrassment, and have manged to almost lose everything. I walked out and quit my job after showing up drunk (not the first time this has happened), and have isolated myself to the point where I only leave the house if I have money to drink alone in a bar. I lost all of my friends one by one years ago due to my horrible behaviour and my refusal to stop drinking. I have been sober for 2 days now after a month long bender, but am feeling wave after wave of shame, guilt, and anxiety. Just the flashbacks of the things I did want to make me crawl under a rock and hide. Anyway, I know it will get easier, and I guess I need to start rebuilding my life somehow. Thanks to all for the support, there a alot of inspiratrional stories to gain
perspective on getting sober.