Thread: Shame and Blame
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
acdirito

You wrote such a wonderful, heartfelt post. Thank You!

I DID wake up one morning with so much anger and rage towards my alcoholic husband. I woke up on JAN 8th 2010 after suffering from vascular dementia. I was hospitalized on DEC 23rd from a life changing massive stroke. Once vascular dementia develops, there are no drugs currently approved by the FDA to treat it. I was able to come back into reality only by the Grace of God. However, I suffer from immobility problems and have trouble moving around.

I've had to go into individual therapy to help lessen my anger. For the majority of our 40 year marriage my husband actively drank over more than half a gallon of rum each and every night. When he finally quit he went cold turkey without working all his recovery steps. He is now a stinking thinking dry drunk. If it hadn't been for my 35 year old son becoming my caregiver for the last ten months, I don't know how I would have made it this far!

I feel it was through God's direction that I found SR. I have found it to be very helpful in releasing some of my anger by participating.

:ghug3