View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Warpa

Dont drink much but i am an alcy?

I work full time as a trades person, drink 4 cans of 6% cider every night, may have another weeker one quite often just to get my 'hit'

The weekends i have about 6-8 of the above, i never drink in the day, dont need to and dont want to. i wont go into the full story yet, but i am drink dependant, i cant have one night off as much as i would love it, and my body is absolutely craving for a break...i just know it is (i feel 'odd' inside)

I dont want to be T total as i dont think im a proper drinker, even my doc says i drink more than needed, but im no where near being desperate. I would just like to give my body a break, get a proper night sleep, wake up buzzing and enjoy the day. On the few occasions i have stopped for a few days (been a long time since that) i wake up and feel life is fantastic, yet when i 1st stop drinking i cant sleep, cant poo and wee a 100 times a day, i wee about 3 times a day now (water retention i guess)

I know i dont drink a lot compared to some but my body cant cope, im 13 st when i used to be 10 before drinking, i have no spring in my step, and have a big gut and man boobs. Im 44 this year and look back at what i was.

late 20's i gave up drink, was a keen cyclist and fit and lean as a buthcers dog, i lacked confidence and was very shy, drink helped that, now its making it worse, i have had panick attacks for the last 10 years and when trying to go into a strange place or talk to strange people with a hangover i flip out, yet do it the next day after work when i am stone sober im great..talk to anybody.

I think i probably am an easy case in some ways, but have so many other issues that i may not be able to be helped