View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JJheff80

Is this really happening?

Im sorry, this is going to be a long story but i think i need to say it for myself.

I am 30 and my wife is 31. We have been together 9 years next week. We have a very good relationship. Don’t yell at each other (both pretty soft spoken people). We don’t have fights, we are laid back and try and let things go while not wasting time on judging people. We both struggle with anxieties that keep us hermits most of the time and I work from home. We are good people who stick to ourselves and don’t mess with anyone else’s lives.

We have always had alcohol in our relationship but it is been more casual, once a week, sometimes not for months. A few years ago, my wife’s mother passed away. She was truly the nicest person I have ever met. Since her passing, it was shown that she was the face and glue of this family, and without her the “secrets” began to come out one after another and it has rocked our lives.

All the stress the last 2 years has began to create a drinking monster in my wife. She sometimes will keep herself drunk for days. I myself am just not much of a drinker, I get sick and can’t continue but she can go and go. It’s a scary thing, and I try to be understanding as the secrets really are terrible. The most damaging is her father who was seen as this great guy, helper to all and humble. In reality, he is an adulterer/pedophile/rapist. Its been a lot to absorb. What’s worse is we share a house with him.

Since all this has come out, the tension in this place is brutal. She avoids him at all costs and has gone months without laying eyes on him. I’m the middle man and I hate it. I see him, talk nicely. And all I want to do is shove his face through the back of his head. Things escalated when he moved in his new girlfriend. An 18 year old. (hes 65). All the known bad things he has done were decades ago, and anything new he has done we don’t know about, otherwise I would send his ass to prison in a heartbeat.

We started living here before the lies. We all got along and sank our money together into this place. We would leave, but we have no where to go. So for now we are trapped. Sure we could drop everything and start over somewhere. But in this bad financial time that would be rough, and years of work and money would be given up to him and probably given to his lil 18yo girl friend if we walked away.

On top of this, her brothers and sisters have all fallen apart in their own ways. 1 Brother convicted of molestation. Another leaving his awesome family and kids and nice job and house to be with some crack head. Another leaving his wife and kids to go whoring around and having random kids one after another. Her sister who was the best mother and has awesome kids divorced her husband and is now with a ******* alcoholic who treats her like crap. All of this began after their mothers passing.

Its like a rollercoaster of insanity. I can’t believe this is our life sometimes.

Latley I can’t control her drinking and its finally pulling us apart. I want to help but I can’t seem to get through to her right now. Today was probably the final straw in our relationship with her family…

Her sister (who is 44) was the only person left that we really talked too. She decided to come over to hang out for the day, unfortunately bringing that new jerk of a boyfriend. Of course, we all went out to eat and ended up at a bar, not what I wanted. I tried to enjoy it while I could and we all came home and watched movies till people fell asleep.

This morning her sister starts questioning me about things after she fell asleep. Long story short her b/f claimed to have sex with my wife… Somehow my wife magically snuck into their room and did him while she slept next to him, and I was still awake. The idea was so laughable that I didn’t take it seriously. My wife isn’t like that, we are far from perfect but infidelity is not one of our problems. But her sister kept on this story and I became pissed at the idea that she actually believed her stupid b/f. We paid for their dinner, their drinks, gave them money as they are struggling, and this is the thanks.

I kicked them out and my wife has been a wreck since, for her sister to actually consider she would cheat on me with her new (ugly and old) b/f was just so horribly stupid I have no words. She was the last family member we got along with and that’s over. My wife has always been about family and now she feels like she has no one besides me. She is scared that I want to leave because of all this and her drinking. But I won’t. I love her too much to leave her here with these lunatics.

The worst part is… im telling the 100% truth, I wish some of this was made up! But its actually happening right in front of me.