View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
acdirito

Totally Frustrated!

I just brawled my eyes out more than I have for a very very long time. I a 58 year old codependent, currently in a 40 year marriage with a dry drunk husband. My DDH has slipped off the wagon a few times along the way, and didn't work a recovery program. I suffered a life changing massive stroke in DEC 2009. My 23 year old daughter completed suicide on May 16, 1995. She suffered from schizophrenia. It took me ten years, and two hospitalization for my grief and major depression before I was able to accept my daughter's death. I was prescribed anti-depressants and sleeping pills. My DDH and I raised her son ever since birth. He now is 19 years old and has become a handful. I'm afraid he might have inherited some of her traits. He needs to have, at least, anger management therapy. He's been breaking all the house rules. He took off and spent the last two days with friends of his. We didn't know where he was and he never bothered to call us. Well, after some convincing from me, we had a confrontation with him when he got back home. He wants to be treated like an adult and have his independence, then I believe he needs to take on the responsibilities of being an adult. My DDH hates it when something disturbs his comfort zone. Needless to say it wasn't a pretty picture. He basically accused us of killing his mother, and that his life would have been so much better if she had lived. He never really knew her. As much as I loved her, we would have raised him even if she had survived. I did the very best I could being his mother, and it just hurts that now he has this much animosity towards us. I don't think he realizes the consequences of his actions. Right now I feel like he hasn't just lost one mother, but two. I raised him as my own son. I called him my son and he called me mom. Just call me grandma from now on!