View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xflip227x

Angry NewMember: Friend of a Heroin Addict

My name is Jay. I was going out with a woman who I thought to be the "one." We went out for 2 yrs...and last yr she stole money from my house...a place I trusted her to be. She lied about it for 2 days & finally came clean and told me that she took the money. I stopped talking to her for months and then started talking to her again. A couple months ago I found a small bag of what looked like brown cocaine. I've never used coke or heroin before in my life, but I don't think I'm a stupid man either. She told me that the drugs weren't hers, but why would they be hidden in a tissue box in 'her' bathroom? I also noticed a change in her behavior as well as frequent trips to the bathroom; spending a good amount of time. I've noticed that a few times, she would be wide awake and then start to nod, sitting up, with her mouth wide open, and constantly drops the cigarette in her hand burning holes in her couch. A few weeks later I confronted her about my suspicions and she denied all of it. She soon stated that she would submit to a drug test. When I did, she refused to take it, then told me I could test her 2 days later. I used a HairConfirm test. The results came to me a couple days later...The results came up POSITIVE for cocaine and heroin...more on the heroin. She said I could check her for tracks, but I know from friends who have used H in the past that it can be smoked or snorted...leaving no tracks. I'm 90% sure she's snorting it...She said that she wants to stop, but has not displayed any visible signs of withdrawal; which leads me to believe that she's still using. While it's true that I've never been addicted to any hardcore drugs such as coke or heroin, I have lost people in my life who I cared about to drugs; as a lot of people have. She doesn't want to go to an inpatient facility...because of her new job. Her parents don't know either nor any of her family...I told her that she has to tell them. She tells me she will when she is ready...I've heard that from someone else before and it never happened...She is the love of my life...and even if there no possible way to salvage our relationship, I would still like to try to save her...

Should I tell her parents / family ? Can anyone give me some advice/help?