Thread: 2 weeks sober
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lilly03

2 weeks sober

I'm new here, and I am a little over 2 weeks sober. I recently went home and stayed with my family for about 2 months, and when I returned to my home I started drinking out of depression. 2 nights of heavy drinking and I was done.

My problem was pills and alcohol. I'd take medication at least every night to help me sleep and during the day to "numb" myself. I honestly didn't even realize I had a problem until I stopped.

I am seeing a counselor and therapist, but I've been really lonely. I think the problem really started getting out of control when I moved away from my family and friends. I have 1 really close friend who I currently live with, but in about a week she is moving and I will be living alone. That really really scares me because I have a tendency to isolate myself. I'm in school so that keeps me busy, and I've already started to try to volunteer/intern.

I have a lot of problems with being alone--I get really lonely and forget the people who love me because they are so far. I also get really bad anxiety attacks that make me feel "detached" from everything. They've been getting a little better with help from my counselor, but I think I need to be around more people going through the same thing---that's why I'm here.

Does anyone else get really cloudy feelings? Like everything stops and you feel detached from everything? I'm not sure if this is normal.