Thread: hi all
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
musicwithin

Cool

Welcome Crush-

My ex is a gambling addict and also drinks a lot of beer. Kudos to you for admitting to yourself that you have a problem. Gambling can't be detected by smell and is absolutely insidious when it starts to escalate.

When I first met my ex, he lost 3,000 in vegas. I was appalled, but he said it was just because he had a credit card. Etc. Etc. So he knew to hide it from me.

After being married 9 years, I thought he was having an affair with a fellow postal worker (which he was, pretty much) and separated. Then I started to do paperwork because bought a different house, etc., and found out he'd been keeping half of his paycheck the whole time and using it to gamble, while I paid for everything.

It was all spelled out in court--yet two minutes later, he denied it to my face. I have never witnessed such denial. There are more stories.

Guess I'm saying, the gambling can get awful, and booze just adds to the false confidence, so take it from my bad experience and see out help for that. You could gamble away so much of what you've worked for.

I do love my Kentucky Derby tank tops the ex got me, though