Old 10-13-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lovechild

we all have a way of dealing with our addict getting to rehab but after they do then what? i think we start going threw our own grieving process (i read a forum about this here just don't remember the title) and we sometimes don't even know it. This step for our addict to take going into the rehab is so important we forget what happens after words. so he is safe now and what about us. as much as you are going threw that on top so much more so is your husband. Your children are his children as well. I don't know about him but i will tell you y story. After my axbf was gonne i started drinking myself. i wanted to drown the pain so bad i didn't care what it took. after the first time of being drunk and 1 1/2 bottles of wine later i kept thinking to myself i am still hurting just now i can't feel my face...and i am puking. it didn't take too long to realize i will not deal with my issues threw alcohol. now 4 weeks later i still enjoy a glass or two with dinner or with friends and i am finding different ways to deal with my own recovery. it takes time and tons of patience with yourself and people around you.