View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
a fallen man

i'm sorry amigos

i've been absent for quite awhile and not giving back.

i have not 'backslid'.

my sobriety date is still 9/8/09 so now i have more than 13 months. i don't think i've really checked in since i passed a year.

i have had some really big tests too.

i had to go to cincinnati for some training in my job. this was the first time i was gonna be on the road with no family or anyone that would have any idea what happened up there.

i'm not gonna lie...the whispering (in my head) started as soon as i found out about the trip. then miraculously another guy from work was picked to go as well. he's the guy that quit drinking because i did. a couple months after me but it had a way of keeping me in check. lol.

i was able to hook up with an old marine corps buddy and he took me to a reds game. he said "first beer is on me". i laughed and told him i hadn't had a drink in over a year and wasn't gonna break it that night.

he was very cool about it. hell....we're both 50 freakin' years old. i would hope to god that i could withstand 'peer pressure' by then. i told him to enjoy his. he's not an alkie. he can drink. i can't.

but i had a blast sitting there..halfway watching the game. sharing stories about how well both of our sets of kids had turned out in spite of us.

still feel great. i'm sure i would have felt awful if that trip had turned into a 'secret' drinking trip.

love goes out to everyone that has ever participated on this board. if you participated, you have helped me.

whether it was an encouraging word or me reading someone else's woes and my heart going out to them.

love rules,

david.