Old 10-11-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Cottonwoodchris

Keff, as the others have said, you need the advice of a medical professional. That being said, all of your symptoms are related to withdrawl from alcohol poisoning, in my own experience. "tremors" "shivers" "shakes" sleepless nights, hallucionations (both visual and auditory) vomiting, couldn't walk. Sweats, the bed was soaked. My DR. gave me a med that stopped all that. It will take time, remember, you didn't get into this over night. Best advice, start now, eat and drink healthy. Water, juice (I drink a big can of V8 every day) You need to get that poison out of your body.

Next is a support group. I didn't find a decent AA meeting in my area, so I searched out an NA meeting. Same thing basically. I really bonded with this group, fantastic bunch of people.

The longer you drink, and the more times you get sober, the longer it will take when you get clean. That is just a fact of being an alcoholic. Notice how you pick up right where you left off? Green tea one day, a 12 pack/ bottle/ whatever the next? Yeah, bro, I have been there, done that. 38 days sober now, and I'm not looking back. One day at a time, just make it one day.