Old 10-11-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Keff

help with my sudden usual behavior i have been experiencing for a few weeks

Hello im wondering am i overreacting or am i going thru a alcohol withdrawal.
I'm 18, i was drinking on and off when i was at the age of 14, is like a once in a blue but everytime i drink i will drink a lot till the point where i will vomit or can't walk straight. Till the age of 17 where i start drinking alot everyday for around 7 months straight, starting from the beginning of february to the beginning of september . The first four or five months (i honestly can't remember) i will empty like a pack of beer per day. During my summer time i was move to a country house in new jersey and all i did was drink or smoke in the house. Then i start drinking anything wine, beer and liquors depending on my mood till i feel drunk enough to go to sleep. Recently around the beginning of september, my sister told me to stop drinking and it was a bad habit. After i quit a few days i notice that something awkward about myself and it have lasted for weeks (From my fathers point of view i started acting differently at the beginning of september). I had a few drinks every once a week and in those times i feel less tense. These are the things i notice about myself during the time i stop drinking at the beginning of september to today.

I notice have a depression, i been really sad. I have become very quiet and nervous to talk people ( i use to be very loud and talkative). My social behavior have change even with my family or my bestfriend. I notice i have a lot of anxiety to normal stuff that i use to go thru everyday ( like going outside or seeing people.).I have a twitch in my left hand index finger and pinky, or my left hand will just shake. I will have sweaty palm , and i will feel my heartbeat going quicker In random time of the day, even when i'm sitting down doing nothing ( not even exercising). I have poor concentration ( My mind will just wander off. Like when people talk to me, it won't process thru my brain and i usually land in confusion and ask them to repeat a few time, and easily forgotten. Another example is when i watch a movie or t.v. even if its a new show, my mind will just go somewhere else and not pay attention.) I will lose my trail of thoughts and the point i was trying to make ( a lot of time i will just lose my trail of thoughts, or not thinking clearly or fully.). I'm always tired or a need to take naps in the afternoon (back to back i will just wake up and probably use the bathroom and will just want to just go back to bed. I will take a lot of nap and not feel refresh.). It's been getting hard to remember my memory, i have a very foggy memory.