View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 08:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ZombieWife

Originally Posted by angelstory View Post
My boundary question is outside of the anger one. I was hoping others would share how they came about how they overcame the boundary issue. As far as the anger, bitterness, resentment issue I keep getting into verbal arguments, and want to interfere, question, condemn, that sort of thing when I know its useless...and I'm moving on, so what's the point. I need to find some ways to stop this behavior from myself.
I've definitely been there myself. For me, it felt like I was "someone else" when I would succumb to those feelings and act on them.

At the last naranon meeting I went to, we were asked to complete this sentence:

If I could _______ everything would be okay.

You could fill that in with anything: "make him stop using," "know the truth," etc. The truth of the matter is that you can only really control what YOU do and HOW you react. The more you try to control someone else, either through action or manipulation, you'll only become more frustrated, more bitter, more resentful.

I hope you can find a way out of your situation soon. It may mean downsizing your life, moving to a smaller location/home, staying with family/friends until you can afford to be on your own.