View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
jackthedog

Is it possible that he might just deny everything you say, call you a liar in front of your son, or somehow try to place all the blame on you during the discussion? It might get really ugly. ( Not sure if he would call me a liar) From the sounds of it, he is trying every way he knows how to not have the discussion. (He says he wants to wait until next weekend) If forced into it, he might try every way he can think of to discredit your decision and feelings in the matter and undermine you in front of your child. (I would say no, but at this point I don't know how he would react) Do you think he might do that? Maybe you could get another adult - like a pastor or something like that - to sit in the background to make sure everything stays civil? good idea

The incident at the volleyball game. If he is aware of the undercurrent (and he probably is) telling him the real deal might actually be a relief. Kids awfulize and have big imaginations. If he is acting out in uncharacteristic ways and can't articulate why, he's struggling (This is what worries me the most I am going to say to the AH we both tell him today or I am going to and this is the reason why, because it is best for the child, not saying anything is like lying to our son, I cannot go on worrying about if he hears about it from someone else, although AH says he hasn't said anything to anyone, I am going to tell AH two reasons why I am going to tell him today and then say if you want to be a part of the conversation he is welcome. If he bullies me and says anything bad I will stop him and say "I will not allow anyone to talk to me that way". If he continues I will take my son and leave the house. Thanks everyone you have been so helpful!!!! It is a blessing from God that this forum exists

Last edited by jackthedog; 10-10-2010 at 05:27 AM. Reason: The writing in parentheses is my response to your posts, not sure how to make the squares like everyone else yet!