Thread: My Resentment
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 08:30 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
I maintain that a healthy marriage/relationship cannot be had with a "drunken jerk" period.

Many of our commenter's here didn't marry drunken jerks, their spouses became that years into the marriage.

I suppose we all need to become mind readers, to know instantly when what is said is a lie, to know when "this is the last one, I promise" is the truth. We all need to be born with the knowledge we've all slowly learned here in the "codependency" room - that you cannot reason with a drunken jerk, you cannot have a normal conversation with a drunken jerk, and you cannot ever trust a drunken jerk to do what they said they would do. That "until death do us part" is a load of dookey and we shouldn't take it seriously ever, since it just makes us look like pathetic codies.

I wish I had been a mind reader.
I think my only hope for recovery is to become aware SOONER and have the ability and strength to say "this isn't working for me any more" and walk away instead of hanging on to the bitter end hoping SOMEONE ELSE will change.

SW, I know you're mad, but I not gonna be able to get on board with your mad if you keep using the word "dookey", O.K.. I'm a boy and "dookey" always triggers laughter in me, sorry.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote