View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kjell
i've done my almost

let's talk bottoms

I’m a “low bottom” alcoholic. By the time I realized I had a problem, it was too late and the progression of the disease had its hold on me. I was in for a ride over the next few years.

At the end, I was literally having problems in all facets of my life – broken relationships, financial debt, health, mental, and spiritual problems, blackouts, getting fired, getting broken up with, fights, car accidents, duis – all this within just a short period of time (2 years or less).

Yes, I’m a low bottom alcoholic. I’m not proud of what happened, but I’m thankful I’m here, sober, and most importantly, willing to listen to others who have long-term-healthy sobriety. I believe I am willing b/c of the pain and consequences it took to get me here.

My recovery is strong, but I have a lot of work to do b/c of the consequences caused by my alcoholism and poor decisions on my part.

How about you? Are you a “low bottom” or “high bottom” alcoholic? …and how do you view the pain and consequences it took to get you here (no matter how high or low)?

Kjell