View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
akrasia

the eagle has landed

Hi everyone,

So Mr. is home. He came home the night before last, was still drinking yesterday, and is sobering up/detoxing today. He's all shaky and sweaty. This is usually what he does when he detoxes: he just pours away the alcohol and white-knuckles it.

He's tried to tell me how sorry he is, and I've told him to just focus on detoxing and getting well. I know yesterday (while I was at work), his counselor stopped by.

After holding it together for the last six days I admit that the primary feeling I have today is relief. My whole body has relaxed, last night I had a full night's sleep, and I'm eating a lot to make up for fasting these last few days!

I know we have to have "the talk" and I don't want to right now. Not when he's still detoxing, not when I'm just sort of stunned. I'm wondering if we could have a talk with his counsellor, might be easier to talk about with an intermediary party there.

I'm just thinking: I know he didn't just run off for fun. He said he was suddenly just overcome with panic. On the other hand, I can't live the rest of my life wondering when that'll happen again. I can't go through it again. So how to move forward?

So that's where we're up to.

Thanks again all you kind people.