View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
firestorm090

Thanks everyone!!!

Didn't mean to mislead anyone and am d*mn glad I'm not drunk tonight.

This recovery stuff is getting addicting, lol.

It's great not to have to look in the rear view mirror every night to see if ole smoky is after my butt, again. I knew one officer so well, I should have dated his daughter, lol.

It's great to have people call and want to talk, to just catch up and see what's up. There for a while, when I called people, they just weren't available to take my call for some reason, like maybe I'd be drunk, lol. Go figure, lol.

It's good also to go to meetings and have others show interest in what I say, and see people who are struggling and know in my gut just how bad that feels. Empathy was dead for me for many years. It's great to care again.

I'm looking forward to the holidays this year because I know I'll remember them and go to alot of meetings and maybe help some people. That's just wonderful stuff and feels wonderful too.

All in all, it's been one damn tough struggle, but it gets easier each day and it's nice to know that I don't have to run the show today, so I do my steps, go to meetings, and try to help someone today. Then I can enjoy the sunrise tomorrow, knowing it can be a great day, if I just don't drink.

Thanks all, love you all.
D