Old 10-05-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DMC

Originally Posted by boskerbear View Post

I Miss him sooooo much. I keep thinking all the good times outweigh the bad, and that i could just ignore his drinking.
I thought the same thing. I was wrong. It gets to the point (and sounds like it got there quickly for you) where you just can't overlook it. I did for a LONG time, but I got to that point - where I just couldn't take it.

He doesnt use my money for booze so i could always support myself.
Except that you'll end up supporting him. Happened to me. I couldn't get him to work, couldn't get him to look for a job.

I feel awful that i'm 28 years old and had to move back in with my parents. I wonder if i should have just sucked it up and dealt with the stress.
Don't, and No, you should have "just sucked it up." Listen to the voices here. Many of us "just sucked it up" and ended up worse for it. You bailed for a reason, and him forcing you out may just turn out to be the biggest blessing possible.

Early in the morning yesterday and today he would be sober for a bit and send me texts telling me how much he loves me, and sorry for the hurt, blah blah blah. I cant seem to end contact with him, its so hard. I wish i had taken his cell phone with me like i was gonna so he couldnt reach me, but i gave it back to him. I always fall for his sweet texts cause he says all the things i love to hear.
Because he KNOWS how to suck you back in. Be strong. Don't fall for what we call "quacking." It's easier said than done, but trust me, you'll feel better once you get a little time and distance between you.

I want him to go to rehab, so we can attempt a future together, but at the moment i dont think he wants to go, so i cant force him. I know its a long shot that it will fix things, but i want to try. Am i completely insane? I just dont wanna give up on him like everyone else has.

I'm gonna start alanon next week, hoping it will help
You aren't insane, you're exactly like, um, all of us. It's just that people can't be saved unless they want it. Make him prove it.

I used the mantra "if you're still sober and I'm still single in 5 years, then we'll talk." Over and over and over.
I've moved on. My divorce is in the works, and my life has never, NEVER been better.

You didn't cause it,
You can't control it, and
You can't cure it.

Wise words if any have ever been spoken/typed.
Take care of yourself, and be gentle with yourself.
D