Thread: Hello Again...
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 08:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
racinstalldev
Bob

Still hanging around here, some great replies to ponder. Its been just about 48 hours since my last beer, and while i did have a bit of a craving late afternoon at work, hunger overtook it, and a big dinner got rid of the crave totally.

My wife scheduled a dinner out with another couple or two for Saturday, but keeps asking if I'm sure it would be OK. I keep saying yes, I need to begin living my life without alcohol, but after reading some of your advice, I may be second guessing.

I already have my reply when the ones who always see me with a beer ask why I don't have one. "Health issue". If they press... I'll tell them high blood pressure (true, it was 140/100 2 weeks ago) and a bloodwork that came back a bit off (haven't had it checked in 3 years, but I will be going soon).

Sometime in the future I may spill my guts to my close friends, but am not ready for that just yet.

I am very fortunate that nothing bad happened on that drive home. I know that. I feel horrible about it now, I don't even want to imagine how bad I would feel if something had happened.

As for AA, I honestly don't know that I could do that right now. I realize that even though its based around religion somewhat, you don't have to be religious for it to work.

But I am just so very shy in a strange setting all alone with strangers. I will keep it under consideration, for sure.

I will say that reading all of your posts here has been helping me a lot, and I'm sure will continue to do so.

Thanks again all,
Bob