Thread: My Resentment
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
chicory

Please remember,
a lot of evidence points to the fact that these people are sick- have a disease- and are trying to recover. Al-a non would certainly be the best place to be.
I had two alcoholic parents, and I only wish they had found sobriety- that they had found a group to help them experience life sober again.
Alcohol messes with their brains, and remember too, that a lot of alcoholics have had many experiences that they do not wish to deal with. If they are sober, and laughing, good for them. With time, their thought processes may improve, and they may be able to face the pain they have caused others.
Imagine trying to cure a disease-their success hangs by a thread, and they need all the laughs they can get, I say. Some of the recovering alcoholics here at sr have given me the kindest advice of all- not always in favor of the a, but caring about those hurt by the alcoholic.

There are thoughtless folks everywhere- alcoholics and non- alcoholics.

I know how it is to be hurt by alcoholics. I wish I had been able to understand that they were sick, and powerless over their choices, and maybe i would not have resented it quite so much. it hurts much less now that i know that they were just very very sick.

I hope that you are able to find a good meeting, and to get over the pain eventually. You really have to express your feelings, and get the anger out. I am sure that you are very justified in feeling angry.

hugs,
chicory