Thread: hard night
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
akrasia

hard night

Tomorrow morning it will be five days that husband is gone, with no contact.

As I wrote in my other thread, the police have been able to track his last transaction to a certain hotel in a rather faraway city, but the hotel has no record of his staying there.

He's gone off in a huff to have a bender two-three times before, but he's always called right away, and always come back after one, maybe two nights. The police are classing him as a high-risk missing person because he didn't take his heart medications with him (didn't take anything with him).

When he first fell of the wagon (last week), I made a reservation on an apartment, because I promised myself I would. I didn't tell him about that. I was just giving him a wide berth.

Part of me of course is freaking out because he might be dead. The other part of me is resenting the [redacted] out of him for creating a whole drama, because in all likelihood he's just sitting there in a compfy hotel room saying, "Huh, that'll teach her!"

I really want to sleep tonight. I've got work tomorrow, quite a big case, and then a qualification exam on Tuesday. I'm quite glad to have work to focus on--I don't intend to tell anyone at work, I want one little corner of the world to be normal!

Sorry if I'm typing too much about this, it's a great relief to vent.