View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 07:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
naive

i guess my concern is that you will have left the family home...

let's say she drinks and gets busted for it...is there any guarantee she will then leave the family home? are there any potential issues the courts could take regarding you abandoning the family by leaving the family home?

another concern is the reliance on your child-minder...is she now the booze police? is your plan relying on her for the safety of your children with a crafty alcoholic? what is the plan with the childminder should she witness your wife drinking? it's really putting this childminder in a rather difficult position, as her allegiance could be split between you and your wife. additiaonally, your wife might be able to pull the wool over her eyes, whereas she could not with you.

i guess i would feel more comfortable if it was your wife that shifted homes and that your presence was the one in the home.

i understand your strategy that she will probably delay rehab, perhaps indefinately, however being around these boards for awhile now, i have witnessed alcoholics digging in their heels and refusing to budge from homes.

also, 50p, have you taken steps to safeguard your financial resources?

naive