View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 07:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Cap3

The more i like me,the less i like my husband.Boy can i relate,to this statement.And also that that the money issues were holding me back.Until i came to al-anon.When i first came to program,i was ready to head for da hills,on my marriage.you bet.I had,had enough of him.They said,in program dont make serious decisions,until i work,and start living in recovery for myself.I learned then to take my eyes of him.Hard to do,when i thought he was the problem,,lol.As im into recovery,im noticing things about myself.Like how i make judgements,without getting the whole story about another.In AA,{im alcoholic too.}im learning that both him and i have an illness,,a disease,called alcoholism.Sick people do not behave as if well.As im seeing us as sick,my heart starts to understand,and those judgements,start to fly out da window.I have many,many faults myself.And i stoped listening to the folks who said my marriage was worhless,,and to get out of it.I started to have a relationship with God,and ask for His guidence.Its not easy living with an active alcoholic.I was sober 10 years,before my hubby came to AA.What was considered my myself,and lots of others as a hopeless marriage,before programs,as turned by the grace of God,into a something completely different.We have a more spiritual,deep,love for each other,that we never experienced before.I cannot dictate,nor can anyone else,the miracles that will happen,in my life or others lives,either today,tomorrow,,for 10 years down line.I dont know Gods plan for me,or them.When i first came to al-anon,i learned to let go,let God,direct my life.It could have gone either way.Stay or leave,it was up to Him,my HP.I just started to work on self..,one day at a time.What looked like an awful marriage,,and it was for years,of alcoholism,,turned out to be a miracle...
Thanks for letting me share,
Sending prayers your way for you and hubby,,