View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Fandy

LBW, thanks for putting many of my own thoughts into a posting....it is enormously helpful to hear for some of us.

i find myself comparing my drinking "habit" with my previous smoking habit....for years i smoked 2.5 packs a day, quit several times, finally quit for good because i just did n't enjoy it and felt the need to brush my teeth and wash my hair after each cigarette.

it seems to be the same with alcohol...the aftermath makes me feel unhealthy and the taste i used enjoy just is not there.

thanks for sharing your new healthy hobbies too. very inspiring as i am considering a lot of what you've discussed....since i stopped drinking, i've lost weight of about 13# and pay better attention to my diet with real food and less junk/fast food...(except a really good pizza which i now load with veggie toppings)

(I do not know anything about AA except what i have read on this board, but from what i have read is that it feels waay too opinionated and zealous for me and my own sobriety).

SR gets a huge credit for being my rock and go-to place...thanks to them and everyone here...you all give so much.