View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 04:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Fee11

lol, too early... brain fog anyone?

Originally Posted by tacks View Post
Hi Fee11,

I have 8 days.

My day job(s) is/are enormously stressful and i'm often "spent" by the time i get to a meeting -- brain fatigue -- barely capable of forming sentences. Also feeling very close to an anxiety attack -- jittery and paranoid. (part of why i used to pick up)

Others on here found NA meetings more to their liking. NA welcomed me with open arms -- literally. I felt no pressure. I did NOT feel like guys with 3 years+ were ganging up on me -- NOT at all. Very comfortable, very encouraging. Very easy relate to what others shared. I was anxious to reciprocate. I'll not hesitate to return.

So over here in my area, my alcoholic self is liking NA meetings at the moment.

Perhaps your area might be similar. I'm not sure. Maybe worth considering.

best of luck to you

tacks
Hya Tacks,

Thank ya for the response. I accidently went to an NA meeting once (it was in the basement and AA was upstairs). It was good. I assume I have a drug problem as well. I have been using recreational drugs since I was a teen. I assumed that "everyone" did them.

Alcohol is the monster under my bed because it is going to kill me soon if I dont beat it. I pick up because of anxiety too. I'm fighting stopping for a couple this morning before work. It seems like having a buzz lets me look like I'm in control and not worried over every little aspect of day to day interactions.

Congrats on 8 days. Stay positive!! Thank you again for the advice.

Last edited by Fee11; 10-02-2010 at 04:44 AM. Reason: oops not me