View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by BklynGrl View Post
I'm depressed because I know I want a divorce, but I'm not ready to start the process. I'm depressed because I just want this all to be over with and be able to start moving on. I depressed because I feel like i'm stuck in this place and who knows how long it's going to drag on for. Plus how can I file for divorce when he "might" have cancer, I already feel like everyone thinks I'm a horrible person.
Sounds like you know what you want to do--it's just the unpleasantness of the process that is getting you down. Divorce isn't "fun" for anybody, but it's something that has to be gone through to get to the other side. It won't be any easier if you put it off. Look at it this way, you can wait until his health issues are resolved, be miserable the whole time, and still have the unpleasantness of the divorce looming. Or you can start taking steps to move forward now, and in a little while be free to move on with your life.

I agree with Jen, it's always something (channelling Roseann Roseannadanna). There's no such thing as the perfect time to get a divorce, just like there's no perfect time to quit drinking.

Do what is right for you. He may not like it, other people may not like it, but it's your life.