Thread: Aaarrrgghhh!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
meditation

She's not doing it to you she's doing her thing which is addiction. That's her deal, her occupation, her hobby. As an addict what I used to do in my addiction had nothing to do with a plan to hurt another person. I had no wish to harm anybody. I really thought my addiction was all about my love affair with these drugs. Other people had nothing to do with it. I realize on the recovered side of addiction that I was hurting my family. I see the light now. But in Steve's case, she's doing her thing and you are allowing the show to be viewed at your house with you being the host. You don't have to host that, she's only taking cues from what you offer to give.

Her behavior is not depending on what you do or don't do. She is a shining example of how to be a recovered co-dependent... lol she is not factoring you into this at all. She's doing her thing, her way.

But the focus is on you here. Being kind is nice but worrying what an addict will or won't do won't help her or you. Be kind to yourself and step away and live your life not hers. You will be much happier.