Thread: Aaarrrgghhh!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Babyblue

I'm not even gonna mention co-dependence to you Steve. I am simply going to say that you need to educate yourself on addiction and then you will realize why people are saying what they are saying. It is as if you and only you alone have some power over something that has toppled so many families, lives, etc. You don't. The drive to use is so powerful that NOTHING will stop it until she decides she wants help. It is a physical need she has to use. It is about the drug. It isn't really a choice she is making, the drug is making it for her as long as she is in active addiction. You could lock her up and she will still find a way to use.

Your outcome will not be any different because the drug doesnt distinguish between Steve's girl and my guy. It is the same stuff doing the same thing to both. The difference is I chose to be sane and whole for him when he decides to get well and I am not doing anything to compromise his recovery. I love him that much to let go. I love him that much that I will never try to control him. I love him that much that even at the slightest mention of my actions possibly doing him harm tells me I need to do something different. We are talking life and death here Steve. Let her go so she can get well. It is that simple.

Oh and love yourself even more