Old 09-28-2010, 11:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Squizz

DAMN! I thought I was having a bad day until I read this. My heart truly goes out to your bro. Just when I thought my problems were so I bad, I read this story and suddenly didn't feel bad AT ALL. I really wish you the best of luck. You're in for an uphill battle, don't let anyone fool you. It's easy to say, "Just don't drink and things will get better." Yeah, that is true to a certain extent, but you've gotta' FIGHT from here on out. Staying sober will help, no doubt about it. But you've got a whole slew of legal issues you're going to have to sort out. I'm not trying to scare you, and I know that you know all this already. The bottom line is this: You're drinking is what caused all of this. Just thank GOD it wasn't worse than it was. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and do battle one more time. I've been to jail myself a few times, and trust me: It's NOT a fun place to be. I don't miss having to fight for a cell to sleep in, fighting for my meals, fighting because I was allergic to peanut butter (not making that one up.) Trust me brother, sobriety truly is the easier, softer, way. I truly hope for your sake, as well as your family's that you don't have to go through anymore of this stuff. But ultimately, that responsibility falls on you. There's plenty of help out there, if you reach out for it. You've made a monumental first step just posting your story on here. Thanks for sharing!