View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
glasgowboy

mcribb - your right there, i never thought of it like that. my friends made me feel guilty like whos going to be my number 1 drinking buddy now. Not going to be the same without u etc etc. Then they tell me about the good times and reminisce and then soon enough im back on the drink. I guess i need to be more stronger myself and ensure i dont forget the bad times and why i have to stop in the first place. I think this is where the knowledge i will learn here and also from future meetings will help me.

jamdls - i certainly feel this way at times, like i know there is an element of planning involved in going out, but for example the night out i had on friday was supposed ot e simply going to the cinema. Then because the cinema was fully booked, me being the 'follower' i can be sometimes, when someone mentioned lets go to a bar, i never said no. I thought i could have one and chill like befor. But then i was downing constant doubles with my mates, competing with them who can drink the fastest. This is another problem for me, downing the drinks the fastest, being the one who comes out on top. but really im only hurting myself and adding to me problems later on.

I think my social life is more revolved round going out and drinking with the lads, i am somewhat bored of this recently but i find it hard to find alternatives and especially when working hard at work all week. WHen it comes to fri/sat nights, i can get the feeling i should be out there, or craving a pint.

Its hard as Glasgow is such a drinking city, i know that sounds lame, but its like i dont know anyone else that wud do anything else other than going out at the weekend. I need to find new friends/clubs to join which will keep me busy and stop me from going out.

Its not going to be easy, thanks for your kind words, i just want to be a good person in the future and someone who my family and friends look up to for the right reasons. I guess safety is another reason 2.

So much on my mind, its a hard one.