Thread: Aaarrrgghhh!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
steve1840

Originally Posted by tam View Post
steve, back in jan.I walked my husband into rehab, he made it in, but 4 hours later walked out.
I learned alot that day. did you?
Tam-
since i have known other addicts, i did expect some of this type of behavior. she walked out of the first detox. no real big deal to me. i knew that could happen. but then had excuses not to go to others, that raised an eyebrow. etc etc etc. after this going on for a while i did learn to let her make those moves for herself. she takes one step forward then on back (just like me!)
this was the time though i felt would tell me something. and it has, although the message is not entirely clear. she went on her own- that tells me she wants help. but she left- that tells me she is not quite ready. it tells me that as much as she hates where she is, she is not yet willing to do whatever it takes to fix it. for whatever reason i have not yet been able to go no contact, but i am becoming more able to let her stay where she is.

(again, the thought that keeps messing with me is that she is in a really dangerous neighborhood and i really do fear for her safety. its only a matter of time until something bad happens.)