Thread: Aaarrrgghhh!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
HopeHEALS

Been there

Steve,
I have been in your shoes, I lost count of how many times I sat in a hospital emergency room with him until he got admitted into Detox. I haden't realized you were so close as far as town. I am in the Ny area as well. My Exabf went to flushing hospital for detox. it was only a 5 day detox, I'm sure from there they offer option for rehab but he did the same thing. he had some lame excuse like they couldn't find him a rehab in time and once the 5 days are up you have to leave. I dont know the rules, I do know that he has slithered out of every opportunity for help as possible. he also used the going to detox excuse with my many times, just to get me to hang out and keep him company , or let him stay a few days while he gets his things in order etc.
In his case he would wait until the very end to admit himself, meaning he has no more money to use and no way of getting money ro scoring something somehow. It's very frustrating I know. You want to hold their hand and make sure they do it, almost like taking a child to their first day of kindergarten. I tried all of those angles and it didnt work. She has to want to get help on her own, seriously want it, not just sweet talking you into thinking thats what she wants, just so you will lay off. Stay strong.