View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 12:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cottonwoodchris

My health has made me quit both times. First time was May 2007, kidneys and liver stopped working. Was on a kidney machine for 5 weeks, then a gift from God, kidneys started working again! That was all due to 20 years or so cronic drinking and drugs. Was sober and clean for 3 years. One night, my alcoholic brain said, "hey, you can have just one. Come on, it will make you feel better" Uhhhh, no. We all know the answer to that. But I started up again, picking up right where I left off. September 1st found me passing out at work, taken to the ER. Blood test showed .31% alcohol. But, I wasn't getting drunk, just drinking to be "normal"

Detox was hell. Needed a DR and some meds for this one. I never ever want to go thru that again. Ever. I don't want or need a third wake up call. It's done. Day 28 and feeling fine. I go to NA meetings because in my area they are better suited to who I am. You should really try and find some kind of support group. It helps so much. All my best wishes for you.