Old 09-27-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
milwaukeeguy85
EntertheSticks

Well hopefully the judge will look at your turn around as a postive. However many judges aren't going to be so forgiving for the second dui, and unfortunately they hear that same story quite often.

BUT....
The silver lining is that it took these episodes for you to realize that the way you were living life was not the way it was meant to be. I mean lets say that hadn't happened and you continued on that path, you may have done something even worse... (hit a pedestrian, kill a pregnant mom etc).

We cannot change the actions we have done while drinking. Like I told a friend that used Me being drunk as an excuse for my behavior - The woman is still pregnant if you are drunk, you car is still smashed, the bruises on your face are real, and the damage to your organs is real. It matters not if i was "drunk", because the actions I have done still occured, regardless of my state of mind.

As alchoholics we tend to use drinking as a crutch to "solve" our problems, when all they do is either a- make your problems worse or b- cause more problems. What I am saying is that, regardless of how your dilemna turns out (i hope it turns out well for you since you are making a full effort to be sober), do not let them turn you back to the bottle. Instead show up to court (clearly sober) with your head high, show the remorse you feel, accept whatever is handed to you, and let this be the last time that alchohol EVER peeps its ugly head in to your life. After this is all over and you are a healthy recovered person, you will see how much this negative event has turned your life in a positive direction.

I am so thankful I never got a dui.