Old 09-24-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HurtingDad

It's been awhile; positive news about son.

It's been awhile since I posted. I've been lurking seeing the good news and the bad. Today my 23 AS is starting into a program for Abstinance from Methadone. He's been on it about 2 years now, via a clinic in NYC. Was homeless before that and since then has been living in a basement with another 'friend he met'.

As you might expect his life hasn't been great, but with the exception or rotting teeth, HEP C in remission, minor outstanding warrants (loitering, hanging out in drug areas)--he's come through relatively OK.

The last few months he's talked about how disgusted he is with his life. I thought it was just another con, but he made the calls, did the interviews and he's going back in. I say back in because this is a program he walked away from about 3 years ago after about 7 good months.

I told him this is great to hear, but now I don't celebrate until something is completed, not just talked about or started. He knows we've heard to much bull.

Just wanted to share this news. I send blessings to all of those whose journies I've followed online, new and old. When I first started on this forum about 3 years ago, I was a deer in the headlights. For better or worse I've been a seasoned traveler on this journey. I have certainly learned a lot. My son's addiction has been about 6 years.

Be well everyone....prayers to all.

Bruce