Thread: Crisis du jour
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Oh guys.......need some help here......my AS called me today. I was not available to take the call.....didn't even hear my phone ring. I was busy doing something else. It wasn't because I didn't want to answer it or anything.....just didn't hear it.

When I checked my missed calls, I saw that he called around 12:30ish (it is now almost 5:00). I'm debating whether to call him back or not. After the phone call on my birthday, I am dreading talking to him. What if he's ready for detox and rehab? What if he just wants to put me through mental and emotional hell again? Should I call him or should I not.

Before going into the automatic response of calling him, I spoke with my DH. He said "Sweetheart, if he really wants to get into detox or rehab, he needs make another call. Making the effort to call you again is NOTHING compared to what he's going to have to do to begin recovery. Let it be......and let's see what happens. If he really wants to get into detox/rehab, he'll call back. If he doesn't call back, it's because he either wanted to put you through hell again or his desire for rehab was fleeting. And that won't be enough."

So.....I'm listening to my DH and letting it be. AS knows my home phone number (we've had that number ever since he was around seven years old. Trying hard to hold on to my serenity here.......doin' ok but my mother instinct (enabler instinct?) is saying "call him back call him back call him back."

gentle hugs