View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jadmack25

Quote: (( Why is he so angry at me if he has moved on and is happy?

Good question, and the answer is simple.

He is not really happy. He is just as much in denial as he ever has been.
As for his moving on,......no my dear, he hasn't moved on, just tried to run from his drinking demons and knows he can't outrun them.

Of course your marriage had problems, and is that a surprise with his drinking and the "lady friend" he had?

He said he drank because he didn't want to come home......take that to really mean that "he didn't come home because he wanted to drink.

A happy, "moved on" man, doesn't throw up rubbish like his comment about him having wanted you to die in a car accident.

You are wise to not want to waste your life and that of your children, living with a man who is so entrapped by the drink, and lives in his own world of fantasy.

I am sure your sons knows what is true, and as he progresses along his miserable chosen path, they will see him and his denial for what it is.

Keep strong, after all, the man you loved is not the man who just left, that lovable man had already left and his shell remained. Painful to know and it does so hurt, but it does ease with time, as I learned many years ago.

God bless