View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
Watched a documentary on a meth addicted 24 yr old lady last night who kept crying after each trick she did to get more meth. That show really disturbed me, and made me hate drugs and alcohol even more. It broke my heart to see her living as a lady of the night to fuel her drug addiction, and it strengthened my resolve to stop this insanity in my life from this point on, so I'll be here alot in the days to come.

I really need and want this sobriety thing in my life.
Ya know D...... we (you and I....and all the other alkies & drug addicts out there) are just like that lady. We're no different. Maybe we didn't give sexual services for money but we more than willingly screwed ourselves over and anyone else who stood in our way, time and time again, to continue doing just what we wanted to do: get loaded.

........and I bet that lady wants and needs to get some sobriety in her life too. Kinda reminds me of a line that used to scare the you-know-what outta me early in recovery: Sobriety and the good healthy happy life that results from that sobriety is NOT for the people who want it nor is it for the people who need it -- it's only available to the people who are willing to WORK for it. ...oh man, definitely not what I wanted to hear.....but it's soooooo true.