View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 08:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
GettingStronger2

One --

I didn't read the other responses, so I apologize if I repeat. . .

i have always believed in God. I have never really been a religious person, though. Can never find one that fits and enriches my relationship. If anything, i feel it dampens my relationship with God because I don't feel I can quite believe the "right" way.

anyway, my faith has always been strong. I had an experience 11 years ago when I not only felt the presence of God with me. . .i know it was real, it was tangible, it was amazing, as if there were an actual being with me. It is undescribable. It lasted for several days, as it had to for me to survive where i was. when i finally got to a place that i no longer needed that very intense Presence and protection, it was gone.

At first, I was very lonely (I was alone out in the woods -- lost up in Alaska for 12 days). I was cold, hungry, cut up, tired, thirsty. .. but up until that point, i had that Presence with me. But i had to realize that the intense feeling cannot last forever. It is there when we most need it. However, god never leaves us.

It is up to us to nurture the relationship and keep our faith. It is up to us to make sure we are watching and listening. .. because God is all around us, always. When we are not feeling that incredibly intense presence, it is because we are not in a place that we need that to survive at the time.

I hope that makes some sense!