View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chino

"leave me alone PLEASE!"

I've said those words a few times today, because I'm in pain and I'm not pleasant to be around. I'm always in pain to be honest, because I've played hard and beat the hell out of my body. But I'm used to it and know how to deal with it. Except for right now because I have extra pain, have tendinitis, can't straighten my arm, and it's throbbing. Took prescription anti inflammatory and have an appt with my ortho surgeon tomorrow, too.

But this sure got me thinking about all the pressure we put on others, to make ourselves feel better. All of the nagging we like to call nudges. All the good intentions that get tuned out or thrown back at us.

I'm not capable right now of being nice, it's all I can do to keep from tearing the place apart and my arm, too. I don't want to talk with anyone and quit asking me if I can make plans for Thursday, I'm trying to get through this day narcotic free. Quit taking it personally because it isn't about you damnit, it's about my pain and getting through this moment. I can't pay attention to your hurt feelings because it's taking everything I've got to deal with this pain. I'm being responsible for my pain, would you please do the same?!

Leave me alone! I've asked you politely once and that's the only consideration you're going to get. Now I'm telling you to back off and leave me the hell alone! You're making everything worse than it has to be and you can't make this better!!!

I get it now that the shoe is on the other foot