Thread: I'm so lost...
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 01:33 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
sesh

I too am glad you're deciding to stick around. In my opinion this place is above all about personal recovery and growth. It is about us who come here and not our partners because of whom we ended up here in the first place.
So I really hope you'll continue coming here and open yourself up to the possibility to start working on yourself. As that is the kind of thing that will help you to never again feel the way you do now.
That being said, I just have to say again I don't think your, meaning his, problem has anything to do with alcoholism or recovery. I think if you continue looking at it from that angle you're just bringing more confusing into the whole picture. He is using alcoholism as an excuse, don't fall for it.
But apart from that I think all other things we talk about on this forum can apply to you too, since, as I said, it is mostly about working on ourselves, and removing disfunction and madness out of our lives, finding peace and happiness. And I really think you can benefit from learning about that.
Take care