View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 08:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RollTideRoll

Post I just do not know what to do

The love of my life is an addict and our relationship came to an end when he tried to commit suicide after I told him I could no longer be part of his life because he needed to seek treatment for his addiction and work on his life. I wish it could have been that easy but it took him hitting me before I really left. It has been almost a year since I have spoken to him and he still has not sought treatment and I have moved on. He still tries to contact me and because of the texts, etc I am well aware he is still using drugs.

Well I was doing great and I seem to have everything in order in my new life after my ex. However I am beginning to discover that my best friend is an alcoholic. His drinking began in college and it has gotten to where he suffers from nosebleeds because he drinks so much. He thinks he has really long hangovers but he is withdrawing from his four day drinking binges. I don't know what to do because I was involved with an addict and everything that went on during that relationship was, well, it was rough, to say the least. I really just want to do the right thing this time and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!!