View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
topspin

Originally Posted by Ghostly View Post
I have seen the trailers for The Devils Backbone and just checked it out again. Does look interesting...maybe I'll check it out. Thanks AG. I'm not a hunter either but I do eat meat.

UBC your fishing post sounded soooooo relaxing. I hadn't fished in about two decades until last year, and it really isn't my thing. Still can see why people like it. I appreciate things like nature more than I ever did. Cool nights. Clear skies. Stars. Nice breeze.

Hope you're doin well Top. Hang in there brother.

Just so everyone knows...In Oz's last post she had an emoticon blowing a kiss. That was to me!

So...I'm watching Football. A 3 o'clock game. Eatin fruit and drinkin water.

I had the same impression of UBC's fishing post ; .....relaxing,...... and funny !

Anytime I'd gone fishing in the past , ....out of a small handmade 12' wooden skiff 20 years ago, ....it was mostly just a good excuse to be outside and read. I'd bait a line , wait 2 minutes, and pick up a book . 20-30 minutes later check to see if my bait was stolen, and try again. More reading, more lost bait; etc.
Relaxing. Occasionally , the fish would get active though. And I love eating fresh fish. And shrimping season's coming, ......

I like using a skiff for exploring mostly. We have hundreds of hammocks (small islands ) that can only be accessed by the lightest skiffs, ...since the tides run 6-7 ft twice a day

I'm not a gun guy, so the only" hunting" I've ever done was snake hunting as a kid. We were (geeky) amatuer herpetologists, so our idea of fun after school was to roam the swampy areas and catch snakes, skinks, and prized salamanders. Since snakes have such a bad reputation , we'd always relocate them farther away from any development a day or three later.

Down South,.... sadly, a snake has no chance to learn to fear man, ....since their first encounter is usually their last. Superstitious fears and all.

Hope y'all are having another great weekend !!!!