View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 02:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Hi Wings!
It's funny but, throughout my rather extended period of sobriety, which still continues, I never really felt that I was close to God. Maybe some of the fellowship might therefore call it a dry drunk but that name seems less and less appropriate as the years (22) go by and my happiness increases. On the other hand, about three years ago, just after I had turned 80 and when I was working on putting together some of the family history, I had a weird feeling that, even though I was alone in my bedroom, I wasn't really alone. There was somebody or something there with me. Maybe it was because I was going through my grandfather's old stuff, a man I was very fond of and who died when I was around 11 years old. I got a spooky feeling that he was watching me. And as the years have gone by this spooky feeling increases. Increasingly I sense that there is a whole spiritual world out there and that I was sent here for a purpose, a purpose which I am trying now to accomplish. I'll feel a little better about going when the time comes, since with all the help I have received, both from the spiritual realm and from the fellowship, I've finally managed to get some of the stuff I was meant to do done. I hope that I may be forgiven for having really screwed up in so many ways for so many years.
In conclusion, I'd like to say that I believe increasingly that there is a spiritual realm out there, that some folks can access it better and more often than others and that we can get a glimpse of it through certain works of true genius, as in poetry, painting and music. Also nature. I have seen certain mountains which have a distinctly nouminous quality. I collect these photographs and can share them with anyone who is interested. I don't pray mutch, at least in the conventional sense, but I do think about these things a lot. Also I believe that in some cases the spirits of people we have loved and who love us may still watch over us. Maybe it's not reincarnation when you die if you don't really die, except physically. You just continue to live as a spirit.

W.