Thread: Had a bad night
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Alcoholics and addicts are very self-centered. I've never seen that change in the A and As I've known.

Yes, learning how to be alone is difficult but it is a natural part of life IMO. I dont suggest making financial decisions based on emotion, such as selling your house because you feel bad he's not there. Please trust me that your feelings will change over time. But you have work to do young lady

Gather the strength to get all of his stuff out of sight. Whatever is in the house, put in the garage. Hon, I have had to do this so many times With so many different guys I've lost count. Once you do it completely, things start to get easier. I agree with the other poster, tell him a date by which it ALL needs to be out and tell him what you will do with it after that date. Goodwill and Salvation Army make house calls.

As for you, what I meant by my question was, w
IMO therapy and Al-Anon are good ways for you to fight for yourself. Being so wrapped up in a guy like this is just not healthy.

I will tell ya', IMO he may be mean but at least he is being forthright about the relationship and telling you that he has been manipulating you. When a person tells you he wants to go, I have found it is best to just let go. Whenever I have been in this situation, I had to make myself shift my focus from him to ME. He is not the right guy for you.

Do you need to be evaluated for depression? I suggest finding a free, on-line depression screening and seeing if you might need to see a doctor.

So, you were No Contact and you slipped. Get back up on that horse. We call that a "Lapse.". If you can reinstitute No Contact and maintain it a bit, we don't have to call it a "Relapse."

Have you gone to Al-Anon? There you will hear things you likely need to hear. I truly hope you will give it a try. It's how we begin to learn how to take care of ourselves. We are so worth it. Get that toxicity out of your life.