View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
HoopNinja

I'm having a hard time signing anything that says this

Part of the marital settlement agreement that I find I cannot accept and signing it would be a misrepresentation. People want me to just sign it to get the divorce over with. But I told my lawyer unless she took this out, or reworded it I could not, in good faith, sign it. Like I said, I entered into this marriage lying and I don't want to exit doing the same. I am a different person now and I don't want to have BS spooned out in a nice lovely format and sign it because it has been prettied up.

"Both parties state they have freely entered into this Agreement. Each party executed this agreement free of any duress, coercion, collusion, or undue influence. In some instances the Agreement represents a compromise of disputed issues. However, both parties agree that all the terms and conditions are fair and reasonable under the circumstances."

I am not freely entering into the agreement--I have been told that stbxah is a total slacker and no one can make him take care of his kids. So I can either pay $1000s more in legal fees or just accept the slap in the face. That does not seem freely entering into an agreement.

Executed free of duress-again, basically repeating above--I see that as duress.

Compromise?-what compromise?--stbxah got to keep what was his and then take 43% of what was mine AND get his child support dropped and not help pay for anything basically.

Fair? ah, nope
Reasonable? Nope again
Circumstances--I did not create them, he did yet at this point the "circumstances" are nowhere discussed and the judge has no idea of the "circumstances"

I am trying to rewrite this so I can sign the agreement and been done with ths nightmare. Anyone out there have viable substiturions (in other words--toss the same BS out but with honesty?)